To be global leader in Food Processing domain by Agri and allied produce value enhancement,
Increasing efficiency, waste minimization, Governance and Institutional support by 2029
- Develop commodity-based clusters to enable a focused and
planned approach to developing the food processing industry
through a coordinated approach between government departments.
- Identify and bridge existing infrastructure gaps affecting
the food processing industry.
- Promote innovation, research & development in the
industry and ensure continuous technology up gradation.
- Undertake capacity building and enhance competitiveness of
food processing industry in both domestic and international
The APFPS has a clear goal of attaining these objectives by facilitating and acting as a catalyst to attract quality investments from within India and abroad into this sector with the aim of making food processing a national initiative. With this overall objective, the APFPS aims at:
- Better utilization and value addition of agricultural produce
for enhancement of income of farmers
- Minimizing wastage at all stages in the food processing chain
by the development of infrastructure for storage, transportation
and processing of agro-food produce
- Induction of modern technology into the food processing
industries from both domestic and external sources
- Provide policy support, and support for creation of
Infrastructure, capacity expansion/ Up gradation and other
supportive measures form the growth of this sectors
- Promote export of processed food products.