RASHTRIYA KRISHI VIKAS YOJANA (RKVY)
The main objective of the scheme is to increase the level of processing, reduction of wastage, value addition, enhance the income of farmers as well as increase exports thereby resulting in overall development of food processing sector. The scheme envisages to extend the financial assistance for establishment of new food processing units in the state.
Food processing sectors specifically Agriculture, Horticulture and Milk Produce Processing Projects. However applications received for units in the Negative list will not be entertained.
All implementing agencies/organizations such as Govt./PSUs/Joint ventures / NGOs / Cooperatives/ SHGs / Private Sector /Individuals engaged in establishment / up gradation / modernization of food processing units would be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme.
PATTERN OF ASSISTANCE
The scheme envisages financial assistance to food processing units in the form of grant- in-aid 25% of the cost of Plant & Machinery and technical civil works, subject to a maximum of Rs.50 lakhs.
AP FISHERIES POLICY
The objective of the scheme is to provide integrated and complete cold chain and preservation infrastructure facilities without any break, from the farm gate to the consumer from the production site to the market. Pre-cooling facilities at production sites, reefer vans, and mobile cooling units also assisted under the scheme. Scheme helps linking groups of producers to the processors and market through well-equipped supply chain.
COMPONENTS OF THE SCHEME
The Scheme has the following components:-
- (a) Minimal Processing Centre at the farm level with facility for weighing, sorting, grading waxing, packing, pre-cooling, Control Atmosphere (CA)/ Modified Atmosphere (MA) cold storage, normal storage and Individual Quick Freeze (IQF).
- (b) Mobile pre-cooling vans and reefer trucks.
- (c) Distribution hubs with Control Atmosphere (CA)/ Modified Atmosphere (MA) chambers/ cold storage/ Variable Humidity Chambers, Packing facility, Cleaning in Process (CIP) Fog treatment, Individual Quick Freeze (IQF) and blast freezing
To avail financial assistance under the scheme, any two of the components from among
(a), (b) or (c) above has to be set-up by the entrepreneurs considering the functional nature of the facility.
Following products are eligible to be covered under the scheme
- (a) Shrimp
- (b) Fish, Crabs, squids and any other Fish & Fishery products processing which requires integrated cold chain process.
INVITATION & SELECTION OF PROPOSALS
In response to the notice inviting proposals by APFPS, application along with the required documents are to be submitted by the applicants. The proposal will be evaluated by the empanelled consultants / PMA appointed by APFPS as per criteria given at serial no 12. The evaluation reports will be placed before the State Level Screening Committee and the State Level Empowered Committee (SLEC) for consideration of “Approval” to the projects.
- Aerated water
- Packaged drinking water
- Ice factory
- Soft drinks, except fruit-based
- Rice Mills
- Dal Mills
- Flour mills, excluding roller flour mills
- Pan masala, supari, gutka
- Groundnut oil expellers, excluding refineries
- Traditional jaggery units
- Any other activities as notified by GoAP from time to time